Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hither and Yon

I can't believe we're on the cusp of June. Where has the year gone? Old time is just a-flying. And speaking of flying, Mr. M and I will be leaving on a jet plane very soon, heading to Colorado for a dear nephew's wedding. (This is the nephew who took me to England - twice - and who also shares a birthday with me. He's pretty special.) While in Colorado, I will also have the inestimable pleasure of meeting a great blogging friend.

Since Colorado is halfway to California (and it's much cheaper to fly on from there than to make a separate trip) we're heading to the West Coast after the wedding. We'll see my dad, who's having minor surgery, and visit Mr. M's mom, who is slipping into dementia (sigh). I do sometimes wonder what it would be like to go to California just for fun. :)

So this space will be rather quiet for a week or two - but I'm sure there will be mountain pictures to post, and perhaps some ocean photos as well. Meanwhile I'll leave you with this picture of a special sunset:

A pink ribbon in the sky for the Goatmother,
and all who are battling breast cancer

Talk to you later!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

7 comments:

  1. Have a super dooper (duper?) trip Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a lovely time and in between all the things that are on 'the agenda' you manage to catch some spur of the moment fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good trip, and I know about trips to California, it seems like we were always going for a funeral, our last trip was the first fun one we'd had in years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you meeting snowcatcher perchance? How exciting! Enjoy your trips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I absolutely love the pink ribbon in the sky!!!!! What a treat to not only witness that, but to have captured it, too!

    Looking very much forward to shooting the Colorado skies with you in person! Have a very fun and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're having a great trip! Love the pink ribbon - how perfect. And so so sorry about Mr. M's mom - dementia is such a cruel disease. Hope the minor surgery goes well for your dad.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....